Having the proper emergency procedures in place and the right information to help you deal with the emergency is vital for your business.
- Make a family emergency communication plan .
- Make your own Ready kit with items on your checklist.
- Emergency Action Plan for Retail Food Establishments (Georgia DPH)
- Employee Communication Plan
- Water Interruption Brochure (Georgia Department of Public Health)
- Creating a Hurricane Preparation Plan and Sample Emergency Contact List (StaffLink OutSourcing, Inc.)
- Flood Emergency Response Procedures
- Georgia Conditional Employee or Food Employee Reporting Agreement (Georgia DPH)
- Business Interruption Best Practices by Cory Bennett and Michael Dukes, Partners at Bennett Thrasher LLP
- Be the calm in the storm: Prepare your restaurant for natural disasters (National Restaurant Association)
- Fire prevention 101: The basics on restaurant fire safety (National Restaurant Association)
- Food Safety Tips in the Event of a Power Outage (Fulton County Cooperative Extension)
- Food Safety Tips for Snow Storm Affected Areas (USDA)
- Prepare for Hurricanes, Disasters by Safeguarding Tax Records (Internal Revenue Service)
Source: U.S. Department of Homeland Security