You may be asking, "Well, what's the difference?"
A vendor (AKA Supplier) is an individual or company that sells goods or services to someone else. Vendors are a part of the supply chain: the network of all the individuals, resources, and technology, etc. involved in the creation and sale of a product or process through to the end user.
- Price is the main motivator in selling the product or service.
- Products and services provided are “cookie-cutter”.
- Options or customization may be costly.
- Iron-clad contract with restrictions and penalties.
- Does not freely volunteer information. Don’t ask. Don’t tell.
- Difficult to reach or contact once the sale is over.