You may be asking, "Well, what's the difference?"
A vendor (AKA Supplier) is an individual or company that sells goods or services to someone else. Vendors are a part of the supply chain: the network of all the individuals, resources, and technology, etc. involved in the creation and sale of a product or process through to the end user.
- Price is the main motivator in selling the product or service.
- Products and services provided are “cookie-cutter”.
- Options or customization may be costly.
- Iron-clad contract with restrictions and penalties.
- Does not freely volunteer information. Don’t ask. Don’t tell.
- Difficult to reach or contact once the sale is over.
- Both parties have asked questions to understand what is needed and stays involved throughout the partnership, to insure performance expectations are met.
- Provides important industry information and makes every effort to keep the client informed of any changes or updates regarding laws or guidelines.
- Availability is an important aspect of service; especially when there may be issues or questions.
- Keep company apprised of any new products, services or processes that will impact the client company.
- Stay connected through various channels of communication.
Vendor or Partner?
It is always better to develop lasting partnerships with the businesses you serve. To simply be a purveyor of a products or services in today’s business climate will not help to build trusted relationships. Asking the right questions and doing research when vetting your background screening provider will also save you valuable time in the long run.
Here are some recommendations when looking for a background screening partner:
- Search Google and see if they have been involved in any lawsuits. Ask them directly if they have.
- Develop a set of questions to ask the company. For example:
- How long have you been in business?
- What does your process look like for conducting background checks?
- Do you have the ability to customize?
- How do you determine your pricing?
- Do you have a customer service department?
- Are you members of the NAPBS (National Association of Professional Background Screeners)?
- What is it that sets your company apart from other background screening companies and why should we choose you?
About B&B Reporting Inc.
B&B Reporting, Inc. is an employment background screening company that was incorporated in June of 1995 by owner and CEO, Patricia Blankenship. Headquartered in Scottsboro, Alabama with our national sales office in Alpharetta, Georgia, B&B Reporting Inc. provides unparalleled background screening products and services to organizations nationwide and internationally. Our commitment to integrity, accuracy, quality research, and client satisfaction is what allows B&B to prosper in an increasingly competitive market. For more information about B&B products and services, contact: Sandra Christopher, National Sales Representative/Account Manager at email@example.com or (216) 408-1012.