Win a culinary entrepreneur package worth more than $8,000!
PREP Cook Create Connect, Atlanta’s food business accelerator and unique shared kitchen facility, invites all of our soon-to-be-famous creative foodie folks to join our essay contest and share their stories! You are the ones who bring that delicious dish or item to gatherings, potlucks, and parties, and keep hearing from friends that you need to start a business and sell it.
You have dreams of being culinary entrepreneurs but find that there is very little support and information on how to get started. This is your chance to start your company! The only rule? Your food product should be an idea that can be permitted under the Georgia Department of Agriculture and contain less than 3% meat!
THE WRITER OF THE WINNING ESSAY, HOSTED BY PREP, WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:
•PREP Cook Create Connect Department of Agriculture Membership $5,050.00
(including guidance with regulations and permitting)
• PREP assistance with Social Media & Search engine marketing & SEO $250.00
• Business development session with PREP Director of Operations – $275.00
• ACityDiscount Credit for small wares and utensils – $500.00
• Barcode Warehouse label design/printing – $500.00
• Prager Law – Consultation on branding/trademark search – $500.00
• Georgia Restaurant Association – 1 year membership – $350.00
• Bennett Graphics packaging design/printing – $200.00
• Gordon Food Service Credit for food products – $200.00
• Session working with Gordon Foods Chef to develop and perfect the recipe
• Blue Hominy Public Relations 1 hour consultation $150.00
• Georgia Grown 1 year Membership $150.00
• Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs to be used for AG Permitting – $150.00
• Eagle Training Resources ServSafe training class $150.00
• Session with a SCORE business Mentor
Your original essay should demonstrate that you have put thought into creating and bringing a product to market. In your entry, please include the following:
1. A description of the product that you wish to produce. And an Example of when someone (other than your Mom) was raving about your culinary creation.
2. Your experience with cooking or the food business.
3. How you will develop your product to bring it to market and what your logo, packaging and branding will look like.
4. A cost analysis. of your product and the resources you will find to help you succeed.
5. Your marketing strategy and how you plan to expand your business in the future. What obstacles might you encounter?
6. What is your target market, and what is your projection of sales in years 1,2 & 3.
7. What would make you an engaged and creative member of the PREP family?
For information on the submission deadline and how to apply, click here.