LED more affordable, trendier than ever
Now is a great time to take advantage of Georgia Power's abundant energy efficient lighting rebates. If you haven't checked pricing and selection for LED lighting recently you might also be in for a good surprise. In recent years technology has improved both the color and look of LED lighting
Here are four benefits to using LED lights:
- It's safer for food; no thin glass or mercury exposure
- Produces less heat, which keeps your space cooler
- The lights use 75% less energy than a traditional bulbs
- They last for a minimum of 15,000 hours
Email us with your lighting questions.
A waste audit can be a helpful tool to ensure that you don't over spend on your waste bill. Here are three questions to ask yourself about the waste you generate:
1. Are you being billed correctly?
2. Do you have know what types of waste you create?
3. Are you maximizing waste reduction?
Ask us for help; get more tips
New sustainability start-up kit
Participants who join our Zero Waste Zones program can begin practicing sustainability with our new start-up kit.
Some of the features of the kit include:
- A low-flow pre-rinse spray valve for your dish area that can save you $1000's
- A DIY Energy Audit to help you spot areas for improvement
- Stickers to label recycling and trash receptacles
- A sample LED light bulb
- A desk side recycling bin
- Water drip meter
- Oil life meter
- A 60-day trial with a state-of-the-art food-waste reduction program!
Join Zero Waste Zones today to receive your start-up kit!
Sustainability trends at the NRA Show
At NRA Show 2015 in Chicago last month, we saw more environmentally friendly trends and products than ever before. Among the most popular trends to reduce waste,
save energy and conserve water were:
- In-house food-waste disposal, which reduces the amount of food waste sent to landfill
- Plant based disposable products for takeout and fast casual operations