Mike Romesburg has leveraged strong experience in talent acquisition, university relations, and agency recruitment to lead CVS Pharmacy's retail field talent acquisition strategy. His strengths include developing national and global recruitment strategies, university relations, program design, delivering results, building relationships, analysis, and vendor management, and leading teams. He has served as Chair of the AWDA Board’s Youth Council Committee. Mr. Romesburg is a dedicated member of the AWDA Board and has been instrumental during the agency’s current transition.
“It has been an honor serving on the Atlanta Workforce Board for over a decade and I look forward to serving as Board Chair in the future,” said Mike Romesburg, Lead Workforce Initiatives Manager with CVS Health. “AWDA has taken a new direction under the leadership of Michael Sterling and there is a new found hope for the customers – new and old - that walk through the front doors of the Agency. I am excited about the future of AWDA and leading the work of the Board.”
The Atlanta Workforce Development Board was created under the federal Workforce Investment Act of 1998, reauthorized as the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) in 2014. The Board is comprised of individuals representing business, economic development, housing and urban development, senior community service, vocational rehabilitation, organized labor, and community-based organizations. In accordance with federal law, members of the Board are appointed by the Mayor of Atlanta and serve for two-year terms.
2015-16 Executive Officers of the Local Workforce Investment Board
Yendelela Neely Anderson – Vice-Chair
Yendelela Neely Anderson is partner at Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton. She is an experienced litigator who specializes in employment discrimination, occupational safety and health, wage and hour, background checks and credit reporting. Ms. Anderson advises her clients through all aspects of the employment relationship, including policy creation and implementation, resolution of difficult employment issues, and development of strategies to avoid employment disputes. She is a cum laude graduate of Duke University School of Law and was admitted to the Georgia Bar in 20016. She is a member of LEAD Atlanta’s Class of 2013.
Alex McKenzie – Treasurer
Alex McKenzie is president and CEO of IFS Securities. With 18 years leadership experience in the securities industry, he brings strong management skills, expertise working with high net worth investors. He has been with IFS since 2007 when he took over the leadership position. Mr. McKenzie started his career in 1993 working with a New York boutique brokerage firm specializing in equity and soon became the largest producer. Later, he helped start a broker/dealer firm with responsibility for training and supervising brokers; funding; and producing as a broker 30 to 40 percent of the firm’s business. He also owned and operated a million dollar plus branch of Vanguard Capital – the Rockville Centre, New York branch.
Scott Selig – Secretary
Scott Selig is Vice President, Acquisitions, and Development for Selig Enterprises. He works in all facets of Selig Enterprises, Inc. including office, industrial and retail leasing as well as acquisitions and development. Scott has been employed with Selig since 2000. His leadership role in charitable and community involvement includes serving on the Board of Directors for the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta, the Ron Clark Academy, Camp Twin Lakes, as well as many City Committees. During his tenure at Selig Enterprises, Inc., Scott has been the recipient of such prestigious awards as The State of Georgia Outstanding Citizen Recognition Award, Atlanta Business Chronicle's "40 under 40" To Watch and most recently the recipient of the President’s Award from the Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors.
Local Workforce Investment Board
- Yendelela Neely Anderson - Partner, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Stephanie Asbury - SVP, Leadership Development Executive, Bank of America
- Shean Atkins - VP, Governmental and External Affairs and Corporate Communications, Atlanta Housing Authority
- Cassandra Lee-Austin - General Manager, Human Resources, Delta Airlines, Inc
- Karen Bremer - Executive Director, Georgia Restaurant Association
- Melissa Helms Buckner - Vice-President, TBG Residential
- Tabatha Burks – Manager, South Metro Career Center, Georgia Department of Labor
- Linda Cannon - Partner/Executive Producer, Austin & Cannon Productions
- Tamika Conde - Project Director, AARP Foundation SCSEP
- Ryan Glover - President, Bounce TV
- Blenda Deberry - Vice President of Marketing, Profast Development Group
- Ralph E. Herrera - President, Lanza Group, LLC
- Jerome Jackson - Director,Business & Membership Development, IBEW 613 Atlanta, Atlanta Labor Council
- Nancy A. Flake Johnson - President/CEO, Urban League of Greater Atlanta, Inc.
- Mona J. Kelly - Group Human Resources Director Global Supply Chain, The Coca-Cola Company
- Katie Kirkpatrick P.E.- Senior Vice President, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
- Eloisa Klementich - Managing Director Business Development, Invest Atlanta
- Alex McKenzie - President/CEO, IFS Securities
- Annie Matthews - Center Director, Atlanta Job Corps
- Michael Maze – Director, Career, Technical and Agriculture Education, Atlanta Public Schools
- Theora Powell - CRC Rehabilitation Unit Manager, Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency (Region 3), Georgia Dept. of Labor Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Mike Romesburg - Lead Manager Workforce Development, CVS/Caremark
- Scott Selig - Vice President Acquisitions & Development, Selig Enterprises
- Elmer Stancil - Director, Government Relations & Policy, Georgia Department of Economic Development
- Dr. Alvetta P. Thomas - President, Atlanta Technical College
For more information about the Atlanta Workforce Development Agency, please visit www.atlantaga.gov/awda.
Follow the Atlanta Workforce Development Agency on Facebook and Twitter @ATLWorkforce https://twitter.com/AtlWorkforce. Follow the Executive Director on Twitter @MikeTSterling https://twitter.com/MikeTSterling.
Source: Atlanta Workforce Development Agency