Who Should View: Restaurants owners, managers and operators.
Why: To learn how restaurants will be affected by the electric vehicle industry and consumer expectation to charge their cars while they visit various establishments.
View the Presentation
Every major auto manufacturer is introducing an electric vehicle to the market. These will have a need to “plug n” and there is an effort underway to create a robust electric vehicle charge infrastructure in Georgia. Consumer surveys show that consumers expect to find chargers at restaurants.
Atlanta has been added to a national effort to deploy charging infrastructure, called The EV Project. See the FAQ.
ECOtality, the Department of Energy are offering a chance to be a part of a national and historic undertaking in the electric vehicle conversation. Utilizing both government grants and private funding, the EV Project is offering FREE electric vehicle chargers, installation funding and establishing, within the Greater Atlanta Area, a comprehensive electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
The EV Project offers:
· Level 2 Electric Vehicle Chargers (Free equipment and Operating Costs) that collect and report data through December 2013
· Program pays $1,000 toward the installation costs of each Level 2 Charging Station
· Installation estimates are conducted free of charge
· A minimum of 2 stations are required to participate in the program. Four are preferred.
· DC Fast Chargers are available for select locations ($14,000 toward installation costs)
View the EV Project Host Package.