Intuit QuickBooks Restaurant Relief Grant Initiative
in partnership with the GRA
INTUIT QUICKBOOKS RESTAURANT RELIEF GRANT INITIATIVE
The purpose of the Intuit QuickBooks Restaurant Relief Initiative in partnership with the GRA is to support small business growth and grant $100,000 to restaurants in the Atlanta metro area. Through the QuickBooks Restaurant Relief Initiative, restaurants with an annual net revenue of less than $250,000 can apply for a $5,000 grant to cover payroll and operating expenses to help employ and retain staff.
PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION TIMELINE
- Application Opens: Wednesday, December 8
- Submissions Close: Friday, January 7
- Grant Recipient Announcement: Week of January 17
QUALIFICATIONS + EVALUATION OF GRANT APPLICATIONS
COVID-19 has drastically impacted all restaurants. The Georgia Restaurant Association represents all 19,000+ restaurants in Georgia, regardless of ownership, franchise brand, etc. During the establishment of the Intuit QuickBooks Restaurant Relief Initiative in partnership with the GRA, the Georgia Restaurant Association Foundation (GRAF) leadership considered the need of independent restaurateurs and lack of support the resources that nationwide corporate-owned or franchised receive.
- Restaurant must be located in Georgia
- Less than $250,000 in annual net revenue in 2020
- The restaurant remains open or providing modified service (takeout/delivery)
The Restaurant Relief Initiative grant awards evaluated by using a simple rubric:
- All application documentation and acknowledgment statement have been submitted
- The restaurant is currently open
- The restaurant has less than $250,000 in annual net revenue in 2020
- Ownership has been confirmed as independent (For the absence of doubt, an independent restaurant is defined as a restaurant owned by a corporation, limited liability partnership, general partnerships, or sole proprietorship, and is not a franchise of a national chain. Independent restaurant chains DO QUALIFY for this grant.)
- Grant money must go towards payroll related expenses – such as: new hire bonuses, performance bonuses, advertising/marketing for new hires, restaurant marketing, rent, equipment, inventory costs, insurance, etc.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or the program, please submit them to email@example.com. At this time, we will not be taking any questions over the phone.