- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or text HOPE to 916-668-ICAN; Free, confidential 24/7 support
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- The Trevor Project for LGBTQ Youth: 1-866-488-7386 for 24/7 judgment-free support
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: 1-800-950-6264 or text NAMI to 741741 for treatment and support solution
- Atlanta Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): Assisting people with drinking problems.
- Giving Kitchen: Provides emergency assistance grants for restaurant workers facing an unanticipated crisis. [See the Giving Kitchen National Self-Care Resources page, which includes QPR Suicide Prevention Training, a sample Harassment Policy and information on Building a Stability Network.]
- Alcohol Addiction Center: Comprehensive resource for those struggling with alcohol addiction.
- Ben’s Friends: A support group offering hope, fellowship and a path forward to food and beverage industry professionals who struggle with substance abuse.
- Fair Kitchens: How to create a positive, sustainable workplace
- FindTreatment.gov: A modern, user-friendly website to assist Americans with finding the right type of substance abuse treatment, from the Department of Health and Human Services’ Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Chefs with Issues: Blog and message board support system for foodservice workers
- The Heirloom Foundation: Advocates for a healthy food industry through outreach, professional development and events
- Hope for the Day: Suicide prevention and support programs, including Sip of Hope cafe in Chicago
- Mental Health First Aid Training: Educating people to understand and respond to people in distress
- Mental Health Resources: Comprehensive list of resources for anyone seeking information about and/or help for a range of mental health issues.
- American Association of Suicidology: Statistics, resources and listings of mental health services
- DrugRehab.com: Delves into the mental health disorders that frequently plague many who struggle with substance misuse disorders.
- DrugRehabConnections.com: Provides unbiased information reviewed by medical experts so readers can make an informed decision on the next steps in their, or a loved one’s, drug rehabilitation journey.
- What’s Your Grief: Education and support for all kinds of grief
- Talkspace Affordable Text Therapy: Anonymous affordable access to therapists