Scholarships Now Available from Association's Educational Foundation
Scholarships range from $2,500 to $10,000 per student. The money can go towards tuition and fees, room, board, books, and other related school expenses. With more students taking loans to pay tuition, the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation is offering hospitality-related scholarships and grants totaling nearly $1 million. The application portal opened Jan. 15; it closes March 15.
The Foundation is accepting applications for monetary aid in the form of scholarships and grants from students, military servicemembers, and individuals pursuing a restaurant, foodservice or hospitality career.
Scholarships range from $2,500 to $10,000 per student. The money can go towards tuition and fees, room, board, books, and other related school expenses. The program has no age restrictions, and everyone—from recent high-school graduates to adults looking to change careers—can apply.
Alena Jenkins-Miranda, a culinary arts student at Pennsylvania College of Technology and 2020 recipient, thanked the foundation for her scholarship, saying it would help her pursue her education and industry career.
“This upcoming school year will be a life-changing experience for me,” she said. “Thank you for being a huge part of my budding career. I can only fully express my gratitude by putting my best foot forward at Pennsylvania College of Technology!”
What applicants should know to apply
- First, meet the minimum eligibility criteria
- You must be enrolled in or accepted as a full- or part-time undergraduate student at an accredited, post-secondary institution, college, or university for the upcoming academic year.
- You must major in an undergraduate-level restaurant-, foodservice-, or hospitality-related education program.
- You must plan to be enrolled for at least two consecutive undergraduate terms or be on track to complete an undergraduate degree within one term.
- Employees or family members of the National Restaurant Association, the Foundation or any state restaurant associations are not eligible to receive funds.
- Complete the online scholarship application any time between now and March 15, at nraef.communityforce.com.
Applicants awarded scholarships will receive instructions on how to complete additional steps to claim their money.
- Jan. 15: Scholarship application window opens
- March 15: Application window closes
- April–May: Scholarship application review
- June: Scholarship award notifications
- July/August: Award claimed and scholarships awarded
- Aug. 15: Deadline for all claims
Explore the available scholarships and grants here.